Makhanlal Chaturvedi Rashtriya Patrakarita Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal; Madhya Pradesh was set up byAct Number 15 of 1990 of the Legislative Assembly of Madhya Pradesh. The University is named afterMakhanlal Chaturvedi, a renowned Freedom Fighter, Poet and Journalist. The University is a memberof the Association of Commonwealth Universities and the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). TheUniversity conducts courses approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
There are 11 Academic Departments for different programmes in the University:
1. Department of Electronic Media.
2. Department of Computer Science and Applications.
3. Department of Journalism.
4. Department of Management.
5. Department of Mass Communication.
6. Department of New Media Technology.
7. Department of Public Relations and Advertising Studies.
8. Department of Publications.
9. Department of Research.
10. Department of Short Term Training Programmes.
11. Department of Text Book Writing.
The University imparts education through:-
1. Its Teaching Departments at Bhopal
2. Its campuses at Noida
3. Network of Study Institutes spread over the whole country
Makhanlal Chaturvedi Rashtriya Patrakarita Vishwavidyalaya These Study Institutes are run by non-profitSocieties & Trusts which are registered under the relevant laws. Study Institutes which run DiplomaCourses only are called Registered Study Institutes.
Those which offer Degree and Post GraduateCourses are called Associated Study Institutes. Medium of Instruction is both Hindi and English andthe students have the option to give examination either in Hindi or in English. The University organizescultural and literary activities for students. The University has well-qualified and competent teachers asits faculty members, devoted to the cause of the all round development of the students. The Universityalso conducts research degree programmes in the areas of Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, Electronic Media, Library & Information Science and Computer Science & Applications.